Toronto Insurance Lawyer
Have you recently filed a claim for insurance benefits and been unjustly denied? Work with an insurance attorney in Toronto to find out how to challenge the denial and recover the compensation you deserve.When you purchase an insurance policy, you do so because it provides the security of knowing that you’ll be taken care of if the worst comes to pass. This is true whether it’s a homeowners policy to protect you against fire damage, a life insurance policy to provide for your loved ones, or a general liability policy intended to safeguard your business. Unfortunately, the insurance company doesn’t always come through when disaster strikes and it’s time to file a claim. This can easily leave you in a terrible situation: You’ve been faithfully paying your premiums for years and now you need financial compensation to get back on your feet or just to keep things going . . . only there’s no relief in sight because the insurer won’t honour your claim. Insurers don’t have the right to back out on a policy when it’s their turn to hold up their end of the bargain. If your insurance claim has been denied, a Toronto insurance lawyer from the Mirian Law Firm can help you get the benefits you need and the justice you deserve.
Help with Any Type of Denied Insurance ClaimThere are many different types of insurance policies out there, but when you get down to it, they all have essentially the same purpose: providing a financial safety net in the event of a specified disaster. You can pay your insurance premiums for years before you find yourself in a situation where you actually need it, and unfortunately, the insurance company will deny your claim for any reason they can find—no matter how long you’ve been a loyal customer of theirs. Insurance companies care about making money, and that means limiting their financial exposure and how much they pay out on claims. A Toronto insurance attorney from our firm will be able to assist you in appealing your claim no matter what type of policy you’re dealing with:
- Life Insurance – If you’ve been denied the benefits you’re rightfully due as a life insurance beneficiary, it can create a tremendous financial burden for your family at a time when you need to focus on your grief.
- Homeowners Insurance – When you need to file a claim to cover property damage or liability for a visitor getting injured, your insurer needs to come through—not play games with your benefits.
- Theft Insurance – Having your belongings stolen is bad enough, but when the insurer denies your claim, it can feel like you’ve been robbed a second time.
- Auto Insurance – If your motor vehicle insurer has denied your claim after an accident or other damage done to your car, our insurance lawyers can work with you to get your claim approved.
- Flood Insurance – Water can do tremendous damage to a home. When the insurer doesn’t have your back in the wake of a flood, our attorneys will.
- Business Insurance – Whether an employee was injured or your business has been interrupted, you deserve to receive the benefits you’ve been paying for to protect your enterprise.
What Does Bad Faith Insurance Mean?If your insurer denies your claim and either doesn’t provide justification or provides a reason that is obviously untrue or exaggerated, you might have a bad faith insurance situation on your hands. In essence, this means that the insurer is not living up to the promises they made to you in your insurance policy. Another way to look at it is that the insurer is failing to live up to the terms of the contract they have with you. If the bad faith can be proven, then you might be entitled to additional damages beyond just the original benefits of your denied claim. Not all lowball settlement offers or initial denials automatically mean that an insurer is acting in bad faith, however. The key is that they must be able to provide some form of reasonable justification for their decision. Your Toronto insurance lawyer will be able to help you make this determination when examining the reason for your claim’s denial.
Why Was Your Insurance Claim Denied?You have a right to know why the insurance company has denied your claim. And just because they provide a reason, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to accept it. If the insurance company can find any reason to deny your benefits, they will—you can count on that. By working with an experienced insurance lawyer from our firm, you can find the best way to appeal your claim’s denial. These are just a few of the denial reasons we’ve helped Toronto residents successfully overturn so that they could claim their rightful policy benefits:
- Technical errors when submitting claim documentation
- Insurer claiming that the plaintiff was behind on paying insurance premiums
- Undervaluing of property damage or property worth
- Denial of the claim’s necessity
- Supposed lack of evidence to prove the claim