Toronto Wrongful Dismissal LawyersLife after a serious illness or injury may be filled with unexpected challenges that make recovery or adaptation to your condition more difficult. One of the more traumatic challenges can be fear and uncertainty over losing your job. You may find yourself being treated as “damaged goods” by your employer after your injury. You may find yourself being fired, or threatened with firing, with no regard for your years of work and dedication. You may feel pressure to quit.
Keeping Them HonestOur lawyer for wrongful dismissals can help you if your employer:
- Tells you that you must return to work or be fired, or refuses to believe your disability even though there is medical evidence for it
- Tells you that you must return to work after hearing that your disability benefits have been denied
- Makes things difficult for you at work, for example by changing your working conditions so much that you feel you may have no option but to quit
- Refuses to make changes to your working conditions to accommodate your disability
- Claims that you are in breach of your obligations to provide medical documents